VCI Rust Preventive Oils
Pioneered in India by Suprabha, these advanced oils have a bi-level action for fool-proof efficacy. At the first level, VCI Rust Preventive Oils work as contact inhibitors by forming a film over metal surfaces to protect them from the surface atmosphere. Even if the oil film is broken during handling, the metal surface is not left vulnerable to rusting. This is because VCI chemicals blended in the oil release vapours that form a protective barrier for uninterrupted protection. Using Suprabha Rust Preventive Oils ensures protection from rust to ferrous and most non-ferrous metals, even in high-humidity environments and with day-to-day handling.
VCI Rust Preventive oils also offer unique advantages such as:
- Rust protection in hard-to-reach areas: SVCI protection extends deep into the recessed areas and internal cavities of components, where traditional oils can never reach. Besides common applications such as dipping and brushing, it can also be used to form a fine air-mist, to extend protection to inaccessible surfaces such as the inside of gas tanks or large gear boxes.
- Acid neutralisers: These oils have special properties that neutralise acids in the atmosphere or those transferred by fingerprints onto metal surfaces.
- De-watering properties: VCI Rust Preventive oils have the ability to de-bond water from the wet surfaces of components.
- Safety to humans and the environment: Suprabha's Rust Preventive Oils are non-toxic and have an inoffensive odour, which make them ideal for use in plants. In addition, they are 100% eco-friendly and environmentally safe.
- Industry benchmarked: These oils conform to IS-1674.
Suprabha also offers a special VCI concentrate for oils, suitable for use with hydraulic oils, gear oils and other lubricating oils, besides MTO & kerosene.