SVCI Powder & Desiccant
While conventional desiccants are supposed to eliminate corrosion-causing humidity, they often have the opposite effect. Desiccants like silica gel absorb and store moisture, only to release it back when temperatures rise in the daytime; this raises the humidity within the package. In addition, silica gel becomes acidic in the presence of moisture, leaving metal parts vulnerable to severe corrosion.Suprabha has used its understanding of customer needs and demands of packaging, to create two innovative products that tackle the problems.SVCI Rustopowder works to treat vulnerable metal parts such that positive rust prevention is effected.Suprabha Dehumidifier absorbs and treats the moisture inside a package, to control humidity within the environment. When used in combination, these products ensure total, safe protection.
Rustopowder works by a powerful, dynamic process, in which SVCI molecules vapourise and settle on every surface of metal components, including inner cavities and hard-to-reach recessed areas. The film thus formed prevents rust from attacking metal components over extended periods of time. Even if the packaging is damaged and the product exposed to the atmosphere, continued vapourisation helps keep the protective film intact.
Besides lasting rust protection for up to 24 months, Rustopowder offers the following advantages:
- Versatile and economical: When used on its own, a mere 5 gm/cft of Rustopowder is enough to protect almost any metal surface, ferrous or non-ferrous, for a full year. In combination with Suprabha Dehumidifier, quantities as small as 2.5 gm/cft suffice.
- Delivered in a ready-to-use state: Components, parts or assembled units protected with Rustopowder, reach their destinations in a ready-to-use condition. No time or effort needs to be wasted in degreasing, cleaning or removing the SVCI layer. SVCI does not impact the working of most electric and electronic components; making the product suitable also in working electric panels.
- Unaffected by contingencies: Even if packaging is damaged in transit, the exposed components continue to be safeguarded by Rustopowder. The continuous vapour action of SVCI leaves the protective film undisturbed.
- High standards: This product conforms to IS-5730 specifications.
- Available in a range of forms: Rustopowder is made in a range of pouch sizes, including 5 /10 /20/50 and 100 gms. It is also available in tablet form.
Suprabha Dehumidifier is an incredibly powerful moisture dessicant that absorbs up to 85% of its own weight. Unlike conventional desiccants like silica gel, this clay-based dehumidifier does not release absorbed moisture back into the environment. Nor does it ooze water or get wet when saturated.
Besides its powerful action, Suprabha Dehumidifier offers benefits such as:
- Safety to metal products : Unlike silica gel, Suprabha Dehumidifier's near neutral pH range ensures that no adverse effect is caused on ferrous or non-ferrous metal cargo.
- Economical protection: Only 20 g/cubic feet is required for controlling humidity, when used in combination with Rustopowder.
- Long-term effect: When used in combination with Suprabha Rustopowder, Suprabha Dehumifier can provide rust prevention for as many as 24 months.
- Ready-to-use on delivery: Parts, components or assembled units are ready for final assembly on delivery.
- Easy, safe disposal: Unlike silica gel, which is voluminous and which needs neutralisation treatment before disposal, Suprabha Dehumidifier can be safely disposed of like solid waste, without treatment.